Vision: To achieve excellence in teaching and research in Biochemistry and Food Science that would contribute to national
development and international aspirations. Specific goals:
- Producing graduates with the requisite training in innovative and entrepreneurial skills capable of contributing to national development.
- Becoming a hub for high quality research of both local and international relevance
- Providing needs-driven services in collaboration with industry in response to the socio-economic and biotechnological challenges of the Ghanaian community and beyond
Mission: To train undergraduate and postgraduate students that can engage in research to advance knowledge as a means of
addressing the needs of the nation.
- Professionalism - adhering to work ethics and treating all with respect.
- Excellence - producing outstanding performance in teaching, research and services through hard work, integrity and honesty.
- Commitment - creating the impetus necessary for national growth through teaching, research and service.
- Equity - providing fair and level grounds to all to acquire, disseminate and apply knowledge.
- Teamwork – bringing together diverse expertise and exploring options and ideas towards a common goal.